Our trip was fantastic, thank you very much. We were amazed by the beauty of your country, and the people were generally very friendly & helpful as well. And my god, you guys make a delicious “frango asado” almost everywhere! 🙂 I hope you received the GPS?
A few things to note:
– Tavira: Pousada was beautiful, boattrip to the Ria Formosa was an amazing experience, very friendly skipper as well.
– Lagos: the Vila Galé was a bit crowded to be honest, the pool was always full of people 🙂 We did find a very nice restaurant, Atlantico, around the corner.
– Lisbon: what a fantastic city… great guided tour as well. We went to Sea Me restaurant, excellent sea food indeed. We probably would’ve liked to spend an extra day here, but that just means we need to come back 🙂 The hotel was very friendly and clean, we were in a very small room though (according to the plan of the floor, it was the smallest room on the floor).
– Porto: very nice hotel, also good guided tour. Had a great meal at LSD-restaurant on Largo San Domingo.
– Guimaraes: hotel & restaurant in hotel were both excellent
– On our way from Guimaraes to Pinhao, we stopped for lunch at Quinta do Portal – excellent value, delicious food and very good wine/port, definitely a recommendation.
– Pinhao: the Vintage House itself was really nice, great view, room and pool. However, we had dinner at the hotel restaurant one night, and this was a very unpleasant experience: They make a big show of offering you a “free” glass of sparkling wine, and then they charge 6 EUR per person for couvert which only included bread. Food and wine was generally overpriced, very bland in taste, and weird combination of ingredients. We paid over 90 EUR for a shared starter, two main courses, one dessert and two glasses of wine. Rather unfriendly waiters as well. I would definitely warn your clients to sleep in the hotel but eat elsewhere.
– Which brings me to the absolute culinary highlight of our trip: DOC restaurant in Folgosa. Oh my god, that was delicious. Also extremely friendly and accommodating service. We changed quite a few dishes in the set menu, and they were very flexible and didn’t charge extra. Ok, it’s a bit more expensive, but it’s still excellent value for money.
– Belmonte: what a beautiful Pousada, very relaxed atmosphere. Also excellent food in the hotel restaurant. We wish we had an extra day there 🙂
– Evora: very nice hotel, very nice city to spend a few days. Herdade d’Esporao was also a very interesting tour and good food.
All in all, we had a really great trip, and your advice was a great help for us. Thank you very much, we will certainly recommend you to friends and family.”